Our Solar*Rewards Community® program is an easy way for our customers to harness the power of the sun without installing their own solar energy system. Through the program, a solar garden operator runs a solar garden, and sells or leases a portion of the energy output directly to the customer. We've compiled helpful information and resources for developers interesting in taking part in the Solar Rewards Community program.
* If the same Garden Operator is applying for multiple gardens, they should enter the exact same info in the Garden Operator and Primary Application Manager sections on all applications. This will help to ensure that all gardens are visible from and can be managed from a single username/password combo. Please download a new SRC MN Application Process Manual each time you apply to ensure you are looking at the most recently updated document. We will be regularly updating documents as suggestions come in to make the program more intuitive and to provide answers to new questions.
Under our Solar Rewards Community program, we offer three options:
1. Solar Rewards MN with Solar Rewards Incentive (MN) - Standard Bill Credit Only
2. Solar Rewards MN with Made in Minnesota Incentive (MIM) - Standard Bill Credit Only
3. Solar Rewards MN (Non-Incentive MN) - Standard or Enhanced Bill Credit depending on Garden Operator Election*
*If the Garden Operator elects to sell RECs, then the enhanced bill credit is assigned, if they elect to keep RECs, the standard bill credit is assigned.
If you are interested in determining the capacity for a potential garden at a certain site, you will need to submit a capacity screen request.
Please use the below form (Capacity Screening Form) to request your capacity screen for any site, and include a map of the intended location with cross streets and intended system size labeled. Both current applications and new sites without an active SRC are eligible for capacity screening. We will deliver results within 15 business days. The cost for each interconnection address screened is $250. Each community solar garden developer must also sign a single NDA and complete a Capacity Screen SOW (see below). The completed forms should be sent to SRCMN@xcelenergy.com and NSPMNDGEng@xcelenergy.com. Please keep in mind that all solar garden sites must lie fully within Xcel Energy Service Territory.
We have recently created an Interactive Hosting Capacity Map which can be used as a general indicator of system capacity. This does not substitute for the Capacity Screen or additional study processes, but is a supplemental resource to refer to.
* Please Note: If you are having issues viewing the .XLSX file from your computer please right click the link and select “Save Link As…” to save, download, and view the spreadsheet from your desktop.
SRC MN Commercial Operation Process v3 (PDF)
Requirements for Engineering Documents (PDF)
Eligible Billing Rates for Solar Rewards Community Minnesota (PDF)
Solar Rewards Community Garden Operator FAQs (PDF)
Subscriber Maintenance Quick Reference (PDF)
Sample Grounding Calculations (PDF)
Substation DG Queue - 7/20/18 (XLSX)
Telemetry Requirements (PDF)
Engineering FAQs (PDF)
Technical Review Guidelines - One-Line & Site Plan (PDF)
Sample One-Line for Typical Primary Metered SRC System with Secondary Voltage Production Meter (PDF)
Sample One-Line for Typical Primary Metered SRC System with Primary Voltage Production Meter (PDF)
Sample One-Line for Typical Secondary Metered SRC System (PDF)
Engineering Blue Book (PDF)
Community Solar Commissioning Guidelines v1.4 (PDF)
Xcel Energy Developer Quick Reference for Large PV Acceptance-Witness Testing Ver 1.2 (PDF)
** Please Note: If you are having issues viewing the .XLSX file from your computer please right click the link and select “Save Link As…” to save, download, and view the spreadsheet from your desktop.
Below are links for sample documents and forms that will be used throughout the Solar Rewards Community process.
Annual Report Template (PDF)
Xcel Energy CEUD Release Consent Form (PDF)
Deposit Form (PDF)
Generation Interconnection Application Fee Form (PDF)
Reservation Letter (PDF)
Interconnection Agreement (PDF)
Credit Policy-NSP Tariff (PDF)
Standard Contract for Solar*Rewards Community (PDF)
Standard Contract for SRC for those receiving Solar*Rewards Incentive (PDF)
FERC Form 556 (PDF)
Bill Credit Timing for SRC (PDF)
Sample Bill Credit (PDF)
Subscriber Agency Agreement (PDF)
Sample Monthly Owner's Report (PDF)
Application of the Appropriate Bill Credit Rate (PDF)
Insurance Requirements for a Co-Located Community Solar Garden Site (PDF)
Requirements of Annual Report Submitted by Community Solar Garden Operator (PDF)
Insurance Requirement - Addressing Aggregate Limits (PDF)
24-Month Requirement Extension (PDF)
Minnesota Electric Rate Book: Section 9 (PDF) - Cogeneration
Minnesota Electric Rate Book: Section 10 (PDF) - Distributed Resources
SRCMN Electric Bill Credit Rates Info Sheet (PDF)
Garden Application Status by County (PDF)
* Application Reviewed for Completeness: Projects in this category are approved to move forward into the “interconnection queue” as defined by Commission Order dated Feb. 13, 2015 and referenced in our Section 9 tariff.
** Approved: Gardens that have had their interconnection applications approved and are moving forward into construction.
We'd welcome your feedback!
Thank you for visiting Xcel Energy. You have been selected to participate in a brief customer satisfaction survey to let us know how we can improve your experience.
The survey is designed to measure your entire experience, so please look for it at the conclusion of your visit
This survey is conducted by an independent company MaritzCX, on behalf of the site you are visiting.