At Xcel Energy, we are committed to giving customers the choices they want and delivering a positive experience each time our customers engage with us. We recognize that customer expectations are growing, and it is our goal to provide innovative solutions that build a loyal and satisfied customer base. Xcel Energy has been a leader in energy efficiency and conservation programs for more than two decades. We continue to expand our portfolio of renewable energy sources while developing new programs that give customers more control over the type of energy they use, as well as how they manage it. Our “Moments that Matter” customer experience initiative focuses on the four key opportunities we have to engage positively with customers: when they start their service, when they pay their bill, when they experience an outage and as they seek new ways to manage their energy. Of course, safety is a top priority. Above all else, we want customers who use our service and the people who live, work or gather near our facilities to be aware of possible hazards and to respond safely to them.
- Overall 94 percent of customers surveyed are satisfied with Xcel Energy. Our commitment to customers is validated through positive feedback in areas such as showing concern for safety, supporting renewable energy sources, providing reliable electricity service and being a good corporate citizen.
- Through one of the most extensive energy efficiency portfolios in the country, Xcel Energy offers residential and business customers nearly 100 programs to help manage their electricity use and nearly 50 programs for managing natural gas. In 2014, our customers saved 982 gigawatt-hours of electricity—enough to power more than 121,000 average-sized homes for a year—and 1.7 million dekatherms of natural gas—enough to fuel more than 20,000 homes for a year.
- In early 2014, Xcel Energy customers victimized by scams spiked, prompting us to launch an awareness campaign and make technology changes to help protect customers. By the end of the year, the number of customers impacted by scams was down 60 percent.
- Our Minnesota customers now have a choice of two solar energy programs, Solar*Rewards® and Solar*Rewards® Community®, both are similar to solar programs Xcel Energy also offers in other states. Through year-end 2014, Solar*Rewards had contributed about $357 million in incentives to help more than 25,500 customers in Colorado, New Mexico and Minnesota install solar panels.
- We have improved our response time to potential natural gas emergencies by more than 40 percent—measured from the time we receive the call to when we arrive on location.