Paying for Construction
When it's time to pay for your project, we have options.
Xcel Energy offers several payment options for your construction project. The invoice for your project will be mailed to you through our billing system; however your assigned Xcel Energy representative will communicate the cost of your construction project and provide all necessary documents to you. Submitting payment allows us to move your project into its next phase: Scheduling.
Detailed process diagram (PDF)
How to Pay
Payment options are listed in order of quickest turnaround time.
Note: It may take a few days to process your payment.
- Pay Online with Checking – Register for Xcel Energy's online payment tool My Account to make a payment from your checking account. You can also enroll in eBill to receive an e-mail when your bill is ready to view in My Account. My Account provides a convenient list of your bill statements and payment history and retains your banking information for future use. For customers who manage multiple projects at a time, note that each additional account number will have to be added to your list of managed accounts within My Account.
- Pay by Phone with Checking or Savings – Make payment from your checking or savings account at no charge by using our automated phone system. Please call the Xcel Energy Contact Center at 800.895.4999
- Pay by Phone or Online with Credit or Debit – To pay with credit or debit card, call our payment processing partner BillMatrix at 888.747.1523 or visit BillMatrix online.
- Please note: there is $3.43 transaction fee that applies to both phone and online payments. The maximum payment allowed for each credit card transaction is $3,000. Up to 15 credit card transactions per card and billing account are allowed within a five day period.
- For more payment options, read our PDF guide.
Before you submit payment, keep the following tips in mind:
- For all payment options, have your account number available and note it on any payment documents.
- For customers who manage multiple projects at a time, please make separate payments for each individual project or invoice, so we can apply payment to the correct account and avoid unnecessary delays.
- The hard copy invoice will be sent to you via U.S. mail to the primary contact address provided on your application. If you would like an electronic copy of your invoice, please contact your assigned Xcel Energy representative.
Installing and Connecting Service FAQ