Colorful lights are part of the holidays. To make sure this season creates only good memories for you:
The National Safety Council also recommends:
Getting your home ready for the holidays is also a good time to check your natural gas appliances. Examine your furnace, oven, hot water heater, dryer and fireplace to ensure their venting systems are clear of debris and able to operate properly. Carbon monoxide (CO), an odorless, colorless gas, is produced by the incomplete combustion of fuel. When inhaled, a person can become fatigued or suffer from headaches, nausea and dizziness. High levels of carbon monoxide can cause death.
To prevent CO poisoning, hire a qualified contractor yearly to inspect your home’s fuel burning appliances and venting systems for proper ventilation. Another important step is to install CO detectors in central locations in your home, and near each separate sleeping area.
More ways to keep your family, including your pets, safe during the holidays are available from xcelenergy.com and the websites of the Consumer Product Safety Council and the American Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.
We'd welcome your feedback!
Thank you for visiting Xcel Energy. You have been selected to participate in a brief customer satisfaction survey to let us know how we can improve your experience.
The survey is designed to measure your entire experience, so please look for it at the conclusion of your visit
This survey is conducted by an independent company MaritzCX, on behalf of the site you are visiting.