Customer Support

Minnesota Energy Assistance

Energy Assistance funds may be available to assist you with your energy bills or provide weatherization services for your home.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Because COVID-19 is creating financial challenges for many people and families, new funding is available to help cover energy bills, and application deadlines have been extended. See below for additional details.

Get Help Paying Your Bill

Are you struggling to pay your bill? If you need more time to pay the amount owed, we can help with a pay arrangement or give you information about how to apply for energy assistance.

If you are able to pay the amount owed within three months, it’s easy to set up pay arrangements online through My Account. You can also call us at 800-895-4999 to discuss pay arrangements with our representatives and receive referrals to community resources. We’re here to help.

Community Resources

Energy Assistance Program (EAP)

EAP is federally funded through the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Services may include payment of energy bills, help with disconnection of service or fuel delivery, repair or replacement of broken heating systems, advocacy with energy suppliers and human service providers, and education on efficient and safe use of energy. Eligibility is based on your three most recent months of income.

IMPORTANT COVID 19 assistance updates:

If your income and/or ability to pay your energy bills have been affected by COVID 19 circumstances, you can apply for monetary assistance from the federal government.

  • Application deadline is extended until May 31, 2021
  • Offices are closed to the public; however, applications are still being processed. To apply, visit the website to download the application, email them or call to request an application be sent to you.
  • MN Energy Assistance (external website) 

Contact Information: 

MN Senior Discount Program

As required by law, we offer a $15 discount each billing period for income-qualified customers who receive electric service from our company. You may qualify for this program if you receive energy assistance and be at least 62 years of age and/or disabled.

Reach Out for Warmth Fuel Fund (ROFW)

The Reach Out for Warmth fuel fund is designed to assist low-income households and those just above income guidelines. State of Minnesota, local, federal government, and individual funds all contribute to the ROFW program.

Contact Information:

  • Phone: 800-657-3710

United Way 2-1-1

United Way 2-1-1 provides an easy-to-remember, three-digit number that you can call to obtain free and confidential information on health and human services, including information about utility-assistance programs.

Contact Information:

  • Phone: 2-1-1, 800-543-7709 (toll free), or 651-291-0211 (Twin Cities Metro)
  • Text: Send your zip code via text to 898-211
  • United Way 2-1-1 (external link)

Energy Saving Tip

Heat or cool a smaller area by closing vents in rooms that are not in use. You’ll stay more comfortable when you're managing less air space.  

chat bubble logo

Break Ground, Not the Law

Always call 811 before digging in your yard to avoid hitting buried gas or electric lines. Not only is it the safe thing to do, but it's the law.