Credit and Debit Payments
Easily pay your bill from any device.
We've partnered with BillMatrix to offer convenient, completely secure bill payments using credit or debit cards. Payments can be made online, from the mobile app, or by phone.
Here's what you need to know:
- Most major credit and debit cards accepted. American Express cards may only be used for personal card payments.
- You may pay online 24 hours per day, and your payment will post the next business day.
- A $2.90 processing fee applies to personal card payment. A $29.95 processing fee applies to commercial/business card payments. BillMatrix collects the processing fee for the service. We do not benefit from this fee.
- Personal cards include non-commercial cards and business debit cards, and these cards have a maximum transaction limit of $1,000.
- Commercial cards have a 'Corporate' or 'Business' designation on the front and have a maximum transaction limit of $3,000. You should also check with your bank as they may have different transaction limits.
- All card types allow a maximum of 25 credit/debit card payments in a 30-consecutive-day period per Xcel Energy account, per credit/debit card.
All Xcel Energy residential and business customers are eligible for payment via credit or debit cards, except for customers in Texas.
How to Get Started
To pay your bill via credit or debit card, you can choose from the following options: