Colorado businesses can earn energy savings, gain rebates and benefit from energy expertise with our Standard Offer program. The Standard Offer program provides rebates for Technical Energy Audits (TEA) and for installing energy-saving measures identified through those studies.
Rebates are based on the bundle of measures to be installed instead of evaluating each type of equipment separately. For three years following installation, the savings and rebates are monitored to verify that the project has produced the appropriate level of conservation.
Take advantage of our Standard Offer to:
- Receive energy and technical expertise that identifies energy-saving opportunities for your facilities.
- Earn a rebate of up to 50% off the cost of a Technical Energy Audit, capped at $0.10/sq. ft
- Get bundled energy-savings that maximize your implementation rebate. Implementation rebate rates are $250/kilowatt (kW) reduced, plus $0.05/kilowatt-hour (kWh) conserved and $4/dekatherm (Dth) saved.
Rebates require preapproval prior to you committing to a study or any equipment installation. Once you receive approval, here’s how it works:
- Walk-through and Technical Energy Audit (TEA): An Energy Services Company (ESCO) representative, engineering firm or Xcel Energy account manager will walk you through your facilities to confirm that conservation potential exists and that we should continue with the next stage of the program.. Then, the TEA audit is completed which includes identifying a bundle of energy-saving measures.
- Implementation Preapproval: We review and pre-approve the bundle of proposed energy-saving measures and define the pre- and post-monitoring requirements.
- Project Implementation: Energy-saving measures are installed.
- Monitoring Requirements: After the project is complete, we evaluate the savings annually for 3 years. If the variation is greater than 10% the rebate is adjusted. This may include additional payment from the utility or the customer refunding dollars initially paid out.
To qualify, you must be an Xcel Energy business electricity and/or natural gas customer in Colorado.
For customers participating in the Colorado Energy Office (CEO) Performance Contracting Program, additional resources are available.
Call your Xcel Energy account manager to discuss participating.
- An ESCO representative, engineering firm or Xcel Energy account manager will walk you through your facilities to confirm that conservation potential exists. After the walk-through, complete and submit a proposal for a TEA or Statement of Work, a cost estimate and TEA Preapproval Application.
- Once you receive preapproval and are notified of the TEA rebate amount, complete the TEA audit. (Preapprovals are valid for 24 months.) Then, complete and submit the following:
- Measures Application
- Final TEA
- Required back-up calculations (provided by ESCO/engineering firm).
- We will review and pre-approve the final bundle of proposed energy-saving measures for a rebate and define the pre- and post-monitoring requirements. You will then receive the preapproval letter and a monitoring agreement. Then, complete and submit the following:
- TEA Preapproval Application
- TEA Invoice
- Final TEA Study
- Commitment to Construction
- Monitoring Agreement
- Install energy-saving measures. Notify your Xcel Energy account manager that all preapproved equipment has been installed. Then, complete and submit the following:
- Measures Application
- Signed Monitoring Agreement
- Xcel Energy account manager verifies that your project is completely installed and operational
- Final Invoices
- Once the project is complete, we will evaluate the savings annually for three years.
If you have any questions about our Standard Offer, please call your Xcel Energy account manager.
For customers participating in the Governor’s Energy Office (GEO) Performance Contracting Program, additional resources are available.