Others have acknowledged our accomplishments and leadership
Corporate Social Responsibility Leadership
- Xcel Energy is included in the 2012-2013 Dow Jones Sustainability Index for North America, a leading financial index of companies considered best in class for corporate economic, environmental and social performance. This is the sixth year we have earned this honor. We also are included in the 2013 edition of The Sustainability Yearbook, published by Roebco SAM which performs corporate assessments for the Dow Jones Sustainability Index. This international investor publication features the world’s most sustainable companies and offers a snapshot of key trends, challenges and opportunities in sustainability investing.
Renewable Energy Leadership
- For the eighth consecutive year, the American Wind Energy Association ranks Xcel Energy the No. 1 wind power provider in the United States for 2012. And our Windsource® program is one of the largest voluntary green energy programs in the nation, based on the number of customers, according to the U.S. Department of Energy’s National Renewable Energy Laboratory.
- The Solar Electric Power Association ranks us among the top 10 U.S. utilities for solar capacity.
Energy Efficiency Leadership
- The Midwest Energy Efficiency Alliance (MEEA) awarded Xcel Energy two Inspiring Efficiency Awards in 2013. We received the Impact Award for our Computer Efficiency Program, which according to MEEA, has played a significant role in encouraging major computer companies to design and manufacture more energy-efficient computers. Our Kilowatt Crackdown Program won in the education category for helping to increase knowledge and action around energy efficiency through a year-long contest challenge among commercial real estate building owners.
- The Carbon Disclosure Project included Xcel Energy in its Carbon Disclosure Leadership Index within the S&P 500 for the fifth consecutive year. The listing recognizes the quality of our voluntary emissions reporting. The Project is an independent, nonprofit organization that collects and makes public greenhouse gas emissions data from corporations around the globe.
- The American Carbon Registry honored Xcel Energy with its Utility Excellence award for outstanding achievement in reducing emissions. The nonprofit American Carbon Registry is a leading carbon offset program recognized for strong environmental integrity standards.
Local and Other Leadership
- The West Chamber of Commerce, which represents business in Jefferson County Colorado, named Xcel Energy its Large Business of the Year for 2012 for the company’s commitment to expanding the use of renewable energy sources in Colorado and providing funding to area nonprofit organizations.
- The Twin Cities Black Data Processing Association honored Xcel Energy as Corporate Supporter of the Year for the second consecutive year for employee volunteer activities. In addition to receiving a grant from the company, the organization has been supported by Xcel Energy employees who work on marketing, staffing computer labs, planning programs and serving as student mentors.
- The Edison Electric Institute honored Xcel Energy with its “Emergency Assistance Award” for outstanding efforts in mutual-aid assistance for power restoration work after Hurricane Sandy in the Northeast and the Super Derecho storm that brought crews to Ohio last summer.
- The Energy Innovation Corridor was awarded the Midwest Energy Efficiency Alliance’s 2012 Inspiring Efficiency Innovation Award. Xcel Energy is an active partner in this clean energy and transportation project in the Twin Cities.
- The American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy recognized our industrial energy efficiency programs with its Champions of Energy Efficiency award.
- For six of the least seven years, G.I. Jobs magazine has named Xcel Energy one of the nation’s 100 most military-friendly employers based on our long-term commitment to hiring former military personnel, recruiting efforts and policies for active military employees.
- Xcel Energy is the top corporate charitable giver among Colorado companies for the fourth consecutive year, according to the Denver Business Journal.
- Momentum West, a nonprofit regional economic development organization in Wisconsin, honored Xcel Energy for strong leadership and support.